HO IS DJ LE SOUL?
– Born Nonkululeko Mdlalose (1990), DJ Le Soul was bread in KwaMashu, KwaZulu-Natal where she lives with her mom and two sisters.
– Le Soul has always been a music fanatic from dance to playing a bit of piano which she wishes to pursue on a professional level in the near future.
– In the year 2009 she was inspired by fellow female DJ, Happy Gal at a particular event, where Happy Gal was playing. She then told herself that she could also do it. DJ Turner, her neighbour, introduced her to the use of the DJing equipment and Le Soul taught herself the rest. She has been deejaying ever since.
– Le Soul is currently studying at Damelin College where she is doing her final year in Human Resource Management.
“Knowledge is power. Go to school first before pursuing other dreams,” she says. Catch DJ Le Soul on Gagasi FM every Tuesday at 13h20 with Mzokoloko where she drops only the finest tunes of house and again every Friday on Durban based Vibe FM at 19h00.
On Saturdays her mixes are on Sthandwa Nzuza’s show on Ukhozi FM between 22h00 and 02:00.
This beauty with impeccable mixing and track selection skills has, wherever she played, left the crowds yearning for more.
Le Soul has made people dance at:
– AmaZulu FC PSL games at Moses Mabhida Stadium
– Magic Tour 2012
– Durban Clubs (Afro Fashion Lounge, Plush, Boulevard, Dela Sol, Zig Zag, Spank)
– As a way of giving back to the community, Le Soul is to open a music school which would touch all elements of music not just deejaying. “Never doubt your skills and capabilities, always work as if it is your last day and push on the right time at the right extent. There is time for everything hence perseverance is a must. Nothing is impossible!!!,” she advices up-coming DJs/ musicians.
082 060 1053 or 083 965 4823